Google Adsense

Monday, February 6, 2012

Bubblegum Scented Water Bead Play

CAUTION! Before I begin, I want to warn you that these water beads are not meant for children to play with. The pack even says keep away from children. I am not sure what they are made of or how harmful they may be if ingested, so please use these at your own risk!
I have been seeing these water beads all over the blogosphere and wanted to try them out. I happened across some the other day at Joann's, so I decided to get some to make a sensory bin for my son.

Here is what I used: Bath Fizzy: $1 in dollar section of Target
Water Beads (about half a pack): 2.99 at Joann's
Medicine Dropper and Scoop: About $1.50 at Walmart

Here are some close-ups: 



As you can see, when I added the bath fizzy, the beads began to absorb it and shrink up. They were floating in the water, so I drained some of the water out. I am not sure how much scent there actually was since the beads were absorbing it!

 He LOVES pouring and the duckies are also faves of his!


He had lots of fun until he began to smack at the beads and make them fly all over the room, so we had to call it a day :)





2 comments:

  1. It's such an irony--their little fingers seem to most love the most dangerous little objects! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy those beads...they look quite fun! Thanks for sharing it on Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the water beads don't specify, but there are some that do state they are non-toxic. Some cheapos from China are available now in lots of places, but they don't say non-toxic, which is important for peace of mind :-) I fell in love with water beads and now sell them here and there. These are very good quality and are made of the same thing inside a baby diaper! Check it out at facebook.com/WonderfulWaterBeads and purchase at http://www.hipswap.com/shop/wonderfulwaterbeads

    ReplyDelete